Published on December 7, 2021. Last Updated on January 13, 2022.
What is Wheat Germ Powder: Wheat germ powder comes from the heart of the wheat kernel and contains many important nutrients such as Vitamin E, Folate, and Thiamin. It is also packed with a variety of minerals including phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc. Many of these essential vitamins and minerals have been reported to possibly help hair growth and hair health. Wheat germ powder comes from the reproductive part of the plant with the purpose of growing the seed. Therefore, wheat germ powder is harvested from the most nutrient-dense part of the wheat plant during its earlier stages of development, meaning that wheat germ powder is natural and minimally processed – a great addition to health if added via diet or supplementation. While wheat germ is usually processed out of common wheat ingredients, it can also be found in certain healthy cereals and granolas. Additionally, wheat germ powder can be purchased and consumed in powder, flakes, and oil form. In today’s article, we will cover wheat germ powder for hair benefits, wheat germ and hair growth, wheat germ oil and hair, wheat germ oil and hair growth, as well as wheat germ oil benefits for skin and hair as supported by the latest findings in modern science and medicine.
Wheat Germ Benefits for Hair Health & Hair Growth
One of the most important components in wheat germ is Vitamin E, which has often been linked to hair growth. In a detailed experiment conducted by Tropical Life Science Research and published in the US National Library of Medicine, scientists concluded that supplements with high volumes of Vitamin E “increased hair numbers” and new hair growth in human volunteers suffering from alopecia and other hair loss conditions. Some of these hair benefits of wheat germ powder includes:
- Scalp Nourishment
- Hair Moisturization
- Increased strength and elasticity of hair strands
In this particular study, Vitamin E was utilized only in oral capsule form. Due to its health benefits for hair health and possibly hair growth, wheat germ powder is also available in natural oral supplements dedicated specifically for hair health. This can be a great way to help maximize hair growth and hair health, whether you are having issues with hair health such as thinning or falling hair, or if you want to maintain the health of your hair for the future.
If you are looking to utilize wheat germ powder and its powerful benefits for hair growth and hair health, wheat germ powder is also available for consumption as an oil, and in other edible forms. The Vitamin E and other nutrients found in wheat germ powder facilitate hair growth by nourishing the scalp, moisturizing hair, and increasing the strength and elasticity of each strand.
For more information about wheat germ powder and its complete health benefits, visit this article by Bob’s Red Mill, a leading wheat germ manufacturer, where you can find further explanations regarding additional wheat germ health benefits.
How to Use Wheat Germ for Hair Health
There are many different ways to use wheat germ powder to help improve hair health and generate hair growth. It can be consumed in capsule form, eaten with food, or used on the scalp and hair as an oil. The following list contains some suggestions for how to incorporate wheat germ into your diet or routine:
- Take a capsule of wheat germ powder supplement daily as directed
- Massage wheat germ oil into scalp and roots of hair with fingers or scalp brush
- Blend wheat germ powder into a smoothie or protein shake to maximize nutrients
- Use wheat germ flakes in the place of bread crumbs to make healthier recipes
- Add wheat germ powder to a healthy Greek yogurt for a crunch to include protein with your wheat germ
- Use wheat germ oil in salad dressings or for cooking and baking
- Sprinkle onto toast with healthy ingredients such as eggs and avocado
- Raw wheat germ can be prepared with rice, crumble toppings, and other grains such as quinoa
Visit this FreeDieting blog for unique wheat germ recipes as well as other ways to incorporate wheat germ into your food.
Foods That Contain Wheat Germ
While there are numerous ways to add wheat germ to your daily meals, certain foods already contain wheat germ or have added the healthy ingredient to improve nutritional value. Here are some common foods for purchase that contain wheat germ:
- Certain cereals such as Special K include wheat germ in their ingredients
- Sprouted/Ezekiel Breads
- Sprouted bread contains the entire kernel, which wheat germ is harvested from
- Whole Wheat/Whole Grain Breads
- Breads advertising “whole” versions of the grain should include the germ, bran, and endosperm
- Baked Goods Made With Whole Wheat Flour
- Baked goods meant to be healthier will often use whole wheat flour that contains wheat germ
- Many pre-made granolas include wheat germ to increase nutritional value
Wheat Germ Safety Profile
According to the EWG, wheat germ scores a 1 on its safety score rating sheet, which states that it poses no risk for cancer, developmental or reproductive toxicity, nor allergies, or immunotoxicity. Due to these ratings, consuming wheat germ or wheat germ powder for hair health can be regarded as safe for most people. For additional assurance, it is best to first consult with your health care provider or medical professional before adding any new supplements or items to your diet.
Wheat Germ Safe Dosage and Who Should Avoid It
How much wheat germ you should consume in a day can vary based on how much fiber is in your daily diet. The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends 14 grams of fiber per 1,000 calories daily. If a tablespoon of wheat germ contains around 2 grams of fiber, it may be important to consider how much that will add to your total fiber intake from other foods. Too much fiber can cause bloating, stomach cramps, or other digestive issues.
Wheat germ is extremely high in gluten. Do not take wheat germ powder if you:
- Have any level of intolerance to gluten
- Have been diagnosed with Celiac disease
- Are pregnant and haven’t consulted a doctor first
- Are allergic to or intolerant of wheat and similar grains
Wheat Germ Supplements for Hair
As awareness of wheat germ and its many benefits grows, more products containing wheat germ powder are becoming available on the market. Wheat germ supplements can be purchased at various health and drugstores and are even available on Amazon. These products contain capsules holding wheat germ powder and advertise anti-inflammatory properties, immune system health, digestion aid, and numerous other health benefits.
While wheat germ is quite beneficial on its own, it is also important to understand that there are natural supplements such as Dr.UGro Gashee oral botanical hair supplements that have been formulated specifically to maximize wheat germ powder with other natural ingredients to help maximize your hair health and possible hair growth.
Harness The Wheat Germ-Infused Power of Dr.UGro All-Natural GASHEE Oral Hair Supplements
Wheat germ powder, as well as other natural ingredients essential to hair growth, are among the many powerful plant-based ingredients found in Dr.UGro Gashee Oral Hair Supplements. Gashee Oral Supplements have been carefully formulated with the most effective dosage of wheat germ and other vitamin-rich, plant-based ingredients to help maximize your hair growth and hair health. To help increase the feel and appearance of hair density, thickness, and volume, or to help regrow hair loss or aid hair growth, take 4 capsules a day.
Wheat-Germ Infused GASHEE Natural Hair Growth Testimonial: Approved by Doctor Use for Hair Health
Even Doctors Can Have Hair Problems: In the case of this GASHEE user, this doctor had reported signs of minor hair loss in her roots, as well as thinning in some areas. Yet, with the help of Dr. UGro GASHEE Topical Lotion, and GASHEE Natural Oral Supplements, she was able to achieve natural hair growth results with considerable hair growth in her roots, hair lengthening, filling out her hair, and more. Continue below to find the before and after picture results of her natural hair growth results.
Dr. UGro GASHEE Hair Growth Natural Hair Topical & Hair Supplements Before & After Results – Infused with Wheat Germ Powder
Below you can see a clear before and after picture of natural hair growth results that this doctor was able to obtain using Dr. UGro GASHEE Natural Botanical Hair Lotion and Natural Oral Supplements for improved hair health. Notice how her hair had thickened and filled in the middle, and the improved hair length that she was able to obtain using GASHEE Products.
Where most other Hair Growth Products may have failed to deliver results, Dr. UGro GASHEE Topical Hair Lotion and Natural Oral Supplements for better hair health succeed where others fail due to their natural botanical ingredients. Using the power of plants and mother nature, GASHEE provides results beyond most chemical-based topical lotions or oral supplements for hair growth such as Rogaine, Minoxidil, or Finasteride.
More information on a published medical review of GASHEE Topical Hair Lotion can be seen below where the GASHEE Topical Lotion is compared to Minoxidil in terms of effectiveness regarding hair loss and hair growth.
Natural vs. Non-Natural Means: The Difference in Hair Growth Results & What To Expect
For example, a popular hair growth medication, Minoxidil, often prescribed to treat hair loss, comes with these possible side effects:
- Skin Rashing
As stated by MayoClinic, there are possibly more unwanted side effects of Minoxidil that have been recorded.
For a full list, visit MayoClinic’s side effects of Minoxidil information page here.
Dr. Sanusi Umar Peer Review Study: Documented Hair Growth Effects of GASHEE Topical Lotion
In particular, Dr.UGro Gashee’s Natural Topical Lotion for hair health has been studied and reviewed successfully for its beneficial hair growth effects compared to topical over-the-counter alternatives such as Minoxidil.
In 2021, this hair growth study was published in Hindawi Medical Journal. In the study, Dr.UGro’s Gashee Topical Lotion had reportedly helped subjects grow hair at an equal or greater rate in terms of length, volume, density, and thickness compared to Minoxidil, a pharmaceutical-grade hair growth drug, albeit without the many unwanted side effects that may possibly appear with Minoxidil.
Due to Dr.UGro Gashee Topical Lotion’s natural, botanical ingredients and properties, subjects reported far fewer side effects than Minoxidil. For more information regarding the statistical facts and evidence of Dr.UGro Gashee Topical Lotion, continue to the link here.
More Information Regarding Dr.UGro AKA Dr. Sanusi Umar: Over 25+ Years of Hair Restoration Expertise
Infused with Wheat Germ Powder & Formed From Mother Nature – Experience Improved Natural Hair Health
Even if you are not experiencing major symptoms of hair loss, understand that hair loss is often a continuous process that worsens with age and other factors affected by time and the environment.
Our hair matters and makes a big part of who we are, as well as our impression to others.
Hair loss does eventually affect a large majority of the population, for both men and women, and therefore it is highly recommended to minimize these hair loss effects caused by aging and other genetic factors by adopting a natural method of hair health maintenance and improvement using natural means such as Dr. UGro GASHEE Hair Lotion, GASHEE Natural Hair Supplements, or other GASHEE products as early as you can to maximize your hair health ahead.
Shop now with the button below to grow your roots with GASHEE!
Related Articles on Hair Loss & Hair Health
For additional information regarding hair loss and hair health-related ingredients that you may find useful, visit the new articles below.
- Healthline.com. 2017. How Vitamin E Can Benefit Your Hair. [online] Available at: <https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/vitamin-e-for-hair>
- US National Library of Medicine. 2010. Effects of Tocotrienol Supplementation on Hair Growth in Human Volunteers. [online] Available at: <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3819075/>
- Healthline.com. 2018. How Wheat Germ Benefits Your Health. [online] Available at: <https://www.healthline.com/health/wheat-germ-benefits>
- Bobsredmill.com. 2019. The Secret Benefits of Wheat Germ. [online] Available at: <https://www.bobsredmill.com/blog/healthy-living/the-secret-benefits-of-wheat-germ/>
- Freedieting.com. 2021. 10 Delicious Ways to Use Wheat Germ. [online] Available at: <https://www.freedieting.com/ways-to-use-wheat-germ>
- EWG. 2021. EWG Skin Deep® | What is TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL. [online] Available at: <https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredients/706732-TRITICUM_VULGARE_(WHEAT)_GERM_OIL-TRITICUM_VULGARE_WHEAT_GERM_OIL-TRITICUM_VULGARE_WHEAT_GERM_OIL-TRITICUM_VULGARE_WHEAT_GERM_OIL-TRITICUM_VULGARE_WHEAT_GERM_OIL-TRITICUM_VULGARE_WHEAT_GERM_OIL/> [Accessed 7 December 2021].
- Ugro.com. Dr.UGro Gahsee Botanical Hair Supplement. [online] Available at: <https://ugro.com/product/dr-u-gro-oral-supplement-hair-nail/>